Newquay airport (NQY) is the main airport for the county of Cornwall.
Cornwall has sandy beaches which are popular for family holidays.
- Watergate Bay
- Fistral Beach
- St Agnes
- St Ives
- Gyllyngvase, Falmouth
The south coast of Cornwall is known as the “Cornish Riviera”, as it is more sheltered than the Northern coastline. The county of Cornwall has plenty of sunshine and is one of the mildest climates in the UK.
Cornwall Tourist Attractions
If you are planning a holiday to Cornwall then there are lots of great tourist attractions for all the family. Popular tourist attractions and place to visit include:
- Polperro, fishing port of Looe
- The Eden Project
- Land’s End
- The Lost Gardens of Heligan
- Tintagel Castle
- Minack Theatre (outdoor theatre built into the side of cliff overlooking the ocean)
- The Tate St Ives (Modern Art)
- The National Maritime Museum Falmouth
- Penlee House (Newlyn School of Art)
- Pencarrow House and Gardens (built in 1760)
- Prideaux Place (near Padstow)
- Cornwall’s Crealy Great Adventure Park (Wadebridge)
- Cornish Market World
National Trust Houses in Cornwall
The National Trust have a large number of properties in Cornwall and they make a great family day out.
- St Michael’s Mount (near Penzance)
- Cotehele (near Saltash)
- Godrevy (beaches, cliffs and smugglers coves near Hayle)
- Lanhydrock (near Bodmin)
- Trerice (near Newquay)
- Cornish Mines and Engines (near Redruth)
- Tintagel Old Post Office (Tintagel)
If you like walking around National Trust Gardens then Trelissick (near Truro), Glendurgan (near Falmouth) and Trengwainton (near Penzance) are also worth a visit during your holiday to Cornwall.